Why a Poly Tarp from ProSew™ ?
Canvas Tarps From ProSew™ Feature:
- Two Types of Waterproof treatments available: Tan or Clear
- Tan Treated = 13oz Base Canvas fabric + 5oz Tan treatment = 18oz after Treatment
(Tan Treated – Less expensive, but has slight odor from treatment & tan color can stain objects)
- Clear Treated = 12oz Base Canvas fabric + 2oz Clear treatment = 14oz after Treatment
(Clear Treated – Costs a bit more, but no odor from treatment & does not stain objects)
- Corrosion Proof Grommets on 24″ centers
- Double reinforced Hems for extra strength
- Canadian Made
ProSew™ Price Match Guarantee ?
ProSew™: Highest Quality, Lowest Price.
- At ProSew™ we strive to supply our customers with products with the highest of quality, but at a price that delivers great value. ProSew will beat any local competitors price on a comparable quality product. Stop into our location at 740 Waddington Drive and we would be happy to discuss your canvas tarping needs. Our tarpaulins are available in a variety of sizes and materials such as Heavy Duty Poly tarps, Canvas Tarps or PVC vinyl tarps.
Canvas Tarp Information:
Canvas tarpaulins, covers and tarps are not usually thought of a 100% waterproof, they should really be thought of as a water resistant tarp. Water -resistant canvas tarps have a coating applied to them to make the cotton canvas material water -resistant.
Canvas tarps will keep your items dry once they have been coated, providing that the water is not standing on the material for long periods of time. Sometimes the water or rain can not run off and is trapped in a low spot, this water can eventually wick through the canvas tarp and start the leaking process. As long as you tarp your items with this in mind, your canvas tarp should be able to keep everything nice and dry.
The canvas tarps that ProSew™ carries both have water-resistant ratings. They are made using the same base cotton canvas fabric, it is only the coating type and methods that are different. Because they are made using a high quality base canvas material, they are also a fully breathable cotton canvas fabric. Both canvas tarp styles have corrosion proof grommets placed into a double reinforced hem. Grommets ( eyelets) are placed at 24″ centers.
Our Tan Treated Canvas Tarps is our most economical and its finished weight is 18 oz/Sq yard. The tan treated coating material does a great job, but it does have a slight odor when the tarp is new and fresh. Also when the tarp is new, this tan coating can rub off on objects and potentially stain them with the tan colored coating material. This makes these style of tarps perfect for tarping items where this would not be an issue. Items like tarping wood piles, farm equipment, utility trailers etc.
The other type of Treated canvas tarps that ProSew™ carries is our Clear Treated Canvas tarps are also water-resistant, but the coating is clear. These tarps no not have any odor and their coating will not rub off onto objects like the tan treated tarps will. The coating material is does not weight as much as the tan treating coating material, and so these tarps weight less at 14oz/Sq yard.
At ProSew™ we have many years of experience selling tarps in the extreme weather of the Okanagan valley and Vernon area. We only sell tarps that have a proven track record of durability and performance.
ProSew™ Awning Showroom | Vernon BC
Factory Direct Pricing on Quality Awnings & Shade Products
The ProSew™ Awning showroom showcases a variety of quality awning & shading products for your home, business or RV.
Please stop buy to see these shade products in action.
Unit #9 – 740 Waddington Drive
Visit our Showroom or give us a call at